Did you ever wonder about the Bagatti Valsecchi brothers’ choice of the Neo-Renaissance style for their plush and chic family mansion in downtown historic Milan? Why did they choose that style? How did they go about building it? How actively involved were they? Who were the artisans who worked on their house? How does the home fit into the history of Milan? Who were Fausto and Giuseppe Bagatti Valsecchi?
These are just some of the questions answered in this panoramic volume (in Italian) available in the museum art shop that will delight fans and aid scholars in their research.
“La casa Bagatti Valsecchi. L’Ottocento, il Rinascimento, il gusto dell’abitare” (volume in Italian, no English summaries, chapter titles given here in English for your convenience)
Table of Contents
- Pier Fausto Bagatti Valsecchi – I Bagatti Valsecchi: presentazione di una famiglia e di due protagonisti (The Bagatti Valsecchi: a presentation of a family and of two protagonists)
- Grazietta Butazzi – Costume e regole di Nuovo Regime: committenti, conti, fornitori dall’archivio Bagatti Valsecchi (Customs and rules of the New Regime: patrons, accounts, suppliers in the Bagatti Valsecchi archive)
- Stefano Della Torre – La costruzione della casa Bagatti Valsecchi (The Construction of the Bagatti Valsecchi House)
- Rosanna Pavoni – Il Rinascimento Bagatti Valsecchi (The Renaissance of the Bagatti Valsecchi)
- Rosanna Pavoni – La raccolta di disegni (The Drawings Collection)